New himalaya TM-202 transmodulator: greater versatility and lower costs per output channel
The himalaya family of modular headends by ALCAD grows with a new member: the new model TM-202, a transmodulator compatible with DVB-S / S2 digital satellite television or DVB-T / T2 digital terrestrial television inputs and with configurable output in DVB-T or DVB-C.
Each module selects free services from two satellite transponders on DVB-S / S2 or terrestrial DVB-T / T2 channels and includes them on one or two channels on DVB-T or DVB-C.
Thanks to its two output channels, the TM-202 transmodulator offers greater versatility than previous models in the himalaya range. In addition, the savings for the installer is triple:
- Space saving, as you need fewer modules in the installation.
- Cost savings per output channel, for example if we compare it with the TM-101 transmodulator.
- Savings in energy costs, since the installation requires a smaller number of power supplies.
himalaya: new modular headends with redundant power supply and remote configuration
Each himalaya modular headend can house up to 8 transmodulators, in which, as input, you can select DVB-S / S2 satellite transponders or DVB-T / T2 terrestrial channels and convert them to DVB-T or DVB-C channels.
They offer redundant power and remote configuration, reducing travel costs in the event maintenance is required. In the same way, the remote configuration also allows modifying the contents that are transmodulated (remove some, add others) to adapt to the changing needs of customers.
Its configuration allows the input of both satellite and terrestrial TV signals, in case of DVB-T input and DVB-T output, and are perfectly prepared to regenerate the incoming signal, offering a powerful and quality output signal.
Thus, our new himalaya modular headends stand out for their:
- Versatility: all himalaya modules are compatible with DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T/T2 inputs and with DVB-T or DVB-C outputs.
- Comfort: himalaya modules can be configured via Wi-Fi from a smartphone, tablet or computer thanks to their new, responsive web interface, without installing any software.
- Cost Savings: thanks to remote configuration and redundant power supplies, maintainance trips are kept to a minimum.
The PA-740 broadband amplifier has an input to amplify the signal coming from all the modules of the installation, and a multiplexing input for the rest of the channels of the installation. The output level can be controlled by means of an attenuator.
Finally, the headend is completed with a switched-mode FA-512 power supply that can be used to power a PA-740 amplifier and up to 8 modules. To avoid service interruption, an additional power supply can be added to the headend to provide redundant power with load sharing. This way, if one power supply were to fail, the other one can provide power to the whole headend.
Any questions? Please contact us. We will be happy to help you.