ALCAD RTLS system: positioning solution to identify, track, protect and manage objects and people
ALCAD offers tertiary buildings (hospitals, nursing homes, shopping centres...) its Real Time Location System (RTLS). The definitive positioning solution to identify, track, protect and manage objects and people in all types of centres, especially where there is a growing need to optimise resources, both human and material.
Health centres (hospitals and nursing homes, for example), as well as other tertiary buildings (shopping centres, among others), are facilities in which there are many aspects to control, and in which security is therefore vital. Especially those in which there is a growing need to optimise resources, both human and material (such as hospitals).
On the one hand, the flow of patients, users and staff is incessant throughout the day. On the other hand, incoming and outgoing goods, or the expensive medical equipment located in the premises, require precise, real-time monitoring.
In this context, it is vital for management to keep track of both staff and asset flows. For the health and social care teams, the focus is on monitoring patients or users, especially when it comes to wandering control systems in hospitals and nursing homes.
In order to provide an answer to both, ALCAD offers the Real Time Location System (RTLS). It is a positioning solution to identify, track, protect and manage a wide variety of elements (assets, medical equipment, people, etc.).
Since the RTLS system is a native part of ACCURO, it allows you to configure alerts, warnings and calls to IP phones and terminals connected to the system. For example, if we want to prevent medical equipment (such as a biometric measurement trolley) from leaving a specific area, a floor or a door.
In this case, we can configure a warning call to be executed in the ACCURO Viewer software and at the same time to one or more DECT terminals, room exchanges or IP telephones so that security personnel can prevent theft or similar. The same example could be applied to people, either patients or residents, or even nursing home staff.
The system is based on two types of technologies:
- Facial recognition: it does not require an Internet connection. Thanks to artificial intelligence and not needing any physical element, it is possible to eliminate any accessory that could be lost. With a single image hosted on the server (using the ACCURO Viewer application) and through the cameras installed in the centre, the system is able to recognise and locate any person or object.
And without violating any legislation on Data Protection: the person will have given their prior consent to the archiving of their image on the local server and the recording of images is not necessary, so no one can have access to this information.
- Wearables (tags and cards): these can be worn by the centre's employees; they can be attached to objectives or assets (medical equipment, technical aids, etc.), or by patients/residents. It works thanks to BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology.
This is a wireless personal area network technology, designed to provide low power consumption while maintaining a similar communication range compared to classic Bluetooth.
The benefits are clear:
- Increased cost efficiency.
- Optimisation of material and human resources.
- Improved attention to patients or users.
- Native integration with ACCURO and LIVERO platforms for reporting alerts and calls.
- Creation of preventive maintenance based on data.
- Location of assets, avoiding theft and wasted time in fruitless searches.
- Locating residents or patients with a tendency to disorientation, reducing staff search time.
- Location of colleagues, avoiding interruptions with calls at times when people are being attended to.
- Prevention of possible escapes.
- Analysis of staff work flows and workloads.
- No need for internet connection.
- No recurring subscriptions.
It is a proprietary system of the client, installed on its own server, so it does not require an internet connection or, therefore, the contracting of cloud services (Azure, DataFlow, AWS, etc.). This is a decisive advantage, as it protects the centre from possible cyber-attacks from the outside, making it possible to create a 100% secure working environment.
Wanderer control system in hospitals and nursing homes
At ALCAD we are leading a new technological paradigm shift with the integration of Artificial Intelligence in ACCURO, our nurse call communication system.
Specifically, the RTLS wandering control system with AI, allows users or patients to be located in the most human and efficient way, by not needing physical elements (wearables or tags). In this way, it is now possible to eliminate any accessory that could get lost or cause discomfort.
In short, it is a tool that increases the safety of the user or patient and optimises the working time of professionals, reducing operating costs.
Staff have increasingly smaller and more powerful devices, with multiple functions and more integrated into the décor. On the other hand, users and patients perceive a friendly and warm atmosphere, with exquisite and minimalist designs that help create a sense of comfort.
Any questions? Please contact us. We will be happy to help you.
ALCAD Facility | Solutions for non-residential buildings pdf 10.5 MB
ALCAD Facility | Solutions for Hospitals pdf 7.44 MB